Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Hunger Games

Finally! I finished reading one of the best series I've picked up in awhile, The Hunger Games. I liked it because it contained a story that wasn't afraid to get real, even when it hurt. Also, for those of you who have read it, Gale was my favorite until the very very end. Then I was happy with Peeta. Also, I liked that at the end of the series, it felt like there was closure. Often times I read a series of books I really enjoy, but am left with a feeling of unfinished business or a hurried ending in a desperate attempt to tie up lose ends. The Hunger Games finished very respectfully. Bravo, Susanne Collins.

1 comment:

  1. So I just discovered this rarely updated blog of yours and am now reading through it which doesn't take too long but it makes me chuckle so whatever.
    Anyway, I completely agree with everything you say about HG. They were generally my thoughts exactly. I like people who think exactly like me about a book that way I don't have to say what I thought about it.

    ReplyDelete