Saturday, September 8, 2012

One Lump or Two? Aunt Me-Me's Tea Room Brings a Timeless Tradition to Claiborne County

Dear Readers,

Do you often think that you were born to be royalty? I know I do. Well, here's one thing you can have in common with the Queen of England! We now have a charming tea room right here in Claiborne County! Hooray! Aunt Me-Me's Tea Room is full of personality and is a lot of fun, so only go if you like to enjoy yourself. I went for the first time today, and I'm so glad I did! I was served my own personal pot of Orange Spices and Herb tea, along with a generous slice of.... oh yes, brace yourself... Mt. Reeses Cake! Stop drooling on your computers. It's a fabulous layer cake, consisting of layers of yellow cake and melted peanut butter cups, with crumbled Reeses Cups on top. Just think  about that for a moment. Now pick yourself back up off the floor.

I didn't even realize that my friend and I had been there for three hours, thanks to the lovely environment that surrounds you in the place. The first thing you notice is the art work, done by the owner's right hand tea lady. Another wonderful thing? No TV. Don't panic, the art of conversation comes naturally when one is sipping delicious tea with friends and family. Or the Queen, I'm sure. And you almost feel pampered due to the fact that you get your own tea pot, tea cup, tiny fork and spoon, and... sugar cubes!!!! I cannot express how much I adore sugar cubes. They are just so darn fancy.

If you're worried that this isn't a place to go with small children, think again. Kids were actually one of the main reasons Melissa (AKA Aunt Me-Me) opened the tea room. She has a true heart for people, and wants kids to be able to have a place where wonderful birthday memories can be made, as opposed to just another McDonald's birthday. the Tea Room has a special tea party room, and a large collection of hats for it's little guests to wear! And sometimes, Alice (in Wonderland) will even show up. Or, if your looking to throw a larger function, the tea room provides a space next door. For a very reasonable price, they will even decorate and cater your events, and then, clean up after you! That's the definition of a good party, I do believe. You could do anything from bachelorette parties, to football game parties, to Zumba workouts in there! (There will be a TV in that room.) Very exciting stuff.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, it's worth it to go to Aunt Me-Me's Tea Room. Even if you have to drive a little ways. Tea, dessert, fun. Now go! Go to the tea!


Information:



3213 Hwy 25E
Tazewell, Tennessee 37879
 
It's very close to the Shell and Marathon stations right when you get into Tazewell.
 
What my pot of tea and large piece of cake cost:
 
Less than $6!!! Whoa baby.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment