Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Importance of Friends

The other day my friend and I were talking about how the TV show I Love Lucy often reminds us of our own antics. As the daughter of a woman who LOVES Lucy, I grew up watching a lot of the show.

EX: Friend: Hey I heard you were sick yesterday, what did you do while we were all at school?
     
       Me: I watched 34 episodes of I Love Lucy.

       Friend: Awesome!

       Me: Yes, yes it was. Minus the puking.

So I thought I'd share some of my favorite moments from the show:






The giant loaf of bread that just kept coming out of the oven...



Lucy Trying to make Ricky jealous with another man(nequin)...



Lucy and Ethel stealing John Wayne's footprints. Can you blame them?




Lucy, Fred, and Ethel reserve every seat at the Tropicana, quick change, and pretend to be outraged patrons who leave when they "discover" Ricky Ricardo has been replaced.



And of course, when Lucy transforms into the mysterious and nasally Princess of Franistan to generate publicity for Ricky's show...
I Love Lucy - 01x31 The Publicity Agent
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The lesson here, is to appreciate your friends who are there for you even when the going gets... crazy! And also, appreciate the husband who still loves you despite the crazy. Even if he is a little reluctant to let you be in his shows down at the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment