Monday, June 4, 2012

What It Do, Summer Days

Its summer. My favorite time of each and every year. Also, my last summer before real life since I just graduated college. Also, my last summer as an unmarried lady. As you can imagine, this propels me to do productive, advantageous things with my days. Things like...

8 am- Alarm goes off, so that I can wake up early and make important phone calls. Aaaaaaaaahhh nobody's up before 9... reset alarm for 9.

9 am- OK, Julia! Get up! Stare in the bathroom mirror for like 5 minutes. Wonder, am I ready to talk to other human beings at this time of day? I mean, I stayed up until 2 am last night to organize my Arts and Crafts box.

9:23 am- I'll call Mom first. She won't mind like I sound like Death and I'm talking to her from my very comfy bed that I crawled back into...

"Blah blah blah, plan wedding, blah blah blah, love you too, bye Mom" <3

9:48 am- I'll call Fiance and see if he can get Thursday morning off for apartment searching...

"The person you are trying to reach is not available...." Whaaaaa?! Where you at, Fiance? I needs to talk to you!

9:52 am- Ok, I think I'm ready to talk to real humans...

"Blah blah blah, ok thanks." Wow that was the shortest convo ever! I just spent so much time psyching myself up for that one... I am awesome at this grown up shiz... except I'm still in bed. But it's summer...

9:54 am- Try again to call Fiance and inform him of how great I am at talking to real estate people. No answer... hmm he must actually have to work or something! Take a somber minute to feel sorry for people who can't stay in bed all day...

10 am- Hmmmm. Hungry! What's in the kitchen today? Ohhhh nothing...... except what sister got yesterday and said, "Do not eat my food!" So sister, I did not eat 5 of your dried mango slices and half the carton frozen yogurt. Which tastes suspiciously like ice cream but it's yogurt, so it's pretty much a health food.

2 pm- Hmmm hungry again?? What time is it... OH MY STARS ITS 2:30? WHAT HAVE I DONE WITH MYSELF ALL DAY?????????? Well, time to eat some lunch and get ready for work, which starts at 5pm tonight. It takes a good two hours to look semi-decent and get there on time, even though the dress code says, "Please do your best to look like crap in our ugly, ugly uniforms. And then put an apron on top of it all!!" And, it is a full 7 minute drive away from my apartment. Hence, 2 hours to get beauteous and drive there.

Now- uggghhh so hard to get out of the covers.....

Enjoy your summer guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment